This is a winner. Serve with rice and a veg (we ate roasted broccoli – toss florets with olive oil and salt. Add shallots for some extra flavor, and roast for 17 min. )
Sticky Moroccan Chicken (adapted from Bare Root Girl)
- 1-2 lbs chicken parts (I used 4 legs (thigh attached to drumstick)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground coriande
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ c. honey
- 2 tsp. blackstrap molasses
- 1 small lemon, zest & juice
- Olive oil
- Mix all dry spices and toss with chicken parts until covered.
- Turn IP to sauté, add olive oil enough to cover the bottom of the inner Pot.
- Once the oil is hot, brown all sides of the chicken.
- Cover the IP and press “poultry” – high pressure X 15-20 min
- Allow for natural release. In the meantime mix honey, molasses and lemon.
- Open the IP, place chicken on serving dish, then add the honey- molasses- lemon to the juice in the pot.
- Turn IP to sautée and bring the sauce mixture to a boil for 5-10 min until it thickens a little.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and serve.
Your home will smell amazing. You’re welcome!